I love LOVE – as in I’m a complete hopeless romantic! So, I’ve had some fun putting together a Valentine’s Day gift guide! Although I do think Valentine’s Day is so ridiculously commercialised, I still think it’s nice to give a small gift, whatever the price, it’s the thought and effort that counts!
1. Tender is the Night massage bar by Lush, £4.50. This is the world’s first soft-centred massage bar with lots of yummy goodness like vanilla and jasmine – ideal for a romantic Valentine’s night!
2. Charbonnel et Walker mini pink heart champagne truffles, £3.85. What more can a girl ask for? Chocolate + pink champagne = Perfect. You can buy these from so many places too, M&S, Selfridges, Waitrose etc!
3. Homemade cupcakes! If I received homemade cupcakes from my boyfriend I would feel very loved – to think he spent hours baking away in the kitchen, just for me! What’s more, if you’re on a tight budget you could probably make a dozen cupcakes with pretty pink icing for around £5!
4. Cath Kidston Bleached Flowers Makeup Case, £10. Super cute, feminine and pretty!
5. Chanel Chance Eau De Parfum Spray 35ml, £44.50. Perfume is such a classic Valentines gift and Chanel Chance is my favourite scent – sparkling and romantic.
6. Laduree Macaroons, gift box of six £9.80 from Harrods. I haven’t tried these yet as unfortunately I don’t shop in Harrods (I wish) but the packaging is beautiful and I’ve read so many good reviews on them!
7/8. Jo Malone candles and bath oil (both £38). Jo Malone offers something a little bit special, whether it’s the red rose bath oil or red rose candle – I think they would make perfect Valentine’s Gifts for a girl who likes to relax and loves a little luxury!
9. Kurt Geiger Gift Vouchers – what’s more to say? You can buy vouchers for any amount and let the lady in your life pick a pair of shoes she loves. The vouchers also come in a red box, very fitting for Valentine’s Day!
10. Tiffany Picasso Love Bracelet, £140. This bracelet actually features Paloma Picasso’s own handwriting! LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.
11. Vera Wang Pink Perfection flowers from Interflora, £55. Ok, seriously, these flowers are actually Vera Wang flowers! They aren’t part of the Valentines Day section on the Interflora website but I think they are far prettier than the ordinary red rose, plus they come in Vera Wang gift wrapping; the epitome of elegance.
12. Victoria’s Secret – cami’s, underwear sets, lounge pants – just about anything from Vicky Secret’s would make a fab Valentine’s Day Gift and it’s even easier now that they are in the UK! PS. Get the right size!
Now we move to the dream section – ROLEX, CHANEL and LOUBS.
If you’re looking for something to do on Valentine’s Day why not try a champagne winter picnic, afternoon tea, cook a lovely meal (email her the menu during the day), catch the Eurostar for a day trip to Paris, enjoy a few glasses of champers on a rooftop bar – or even go on a hot air balloon ride! A few years ago one of our local cinemas had a special screening of Breakfast at Tiffany’s (one of my fave films), it only cost £7 and was probably my favourite Valentine’s Day to date!
Love & hugs xoxo